Upcoming Workshops & Retreats
Starlit Yoga Studio | April 10 - May 29
6:30 - 8PM
Mindfulness Yoga Series
Join Sarah, Certified Yoga Therapist, for an 8-week in-depth exploration of Mindfulness. Through movement, meditation, group discussion and take-home activities, participants will be invited to identify the ways in which their body, breath and mind are either supporting or inhibiting connection to their most authentic self. In addition to in-class practice, this workshop will offer tangible tools to make positive behavioural shifts that support living a life with more happiness, ease and well-being.
This experience is highly recommended for anyone working with chronic pain, mental health issues or simply a desire to live a more easeful and meaningful life. All levels of experience, injury and wellness are welcome.
Class size will be limited so to ensure each participant receives individualized attention and care.
Yoga Nidra: an exploration of Consciousness
Take refuge with Sarah, Certified Yoga Therapist, and immerse yourself in the practice and understanding of this ancient science. Yoga Nidra is a systematic method of inducing complete physical, mental and emotional relaxation through exposure to lower, calmer and more creative brain states. Entering this state regularly helps free up access to our deeper states of consciousness, allowing for greater creativity, clarity and peace in the midst of life.
The experience of full body relaxation and deep mindful awareness on a regular basis has shown to effectively lower heart rate & blood pressure, reduce the presence of stress hormones, balance the nervous system as well as changing the the beta dominance in the brain. This array of potential therapeutic effects make it a powerful tool in managing conditions such as chronic pain, anxiety, insomnia and cardiovascular disease.
All participants will receive a guided audio yoga nidra meditation so that each person feels confident practicing yoga nidra at home.
This practice is open and accessible to all levels of injury, illness and wellness. As Yoga Nidra is offered lying down in a comfortable position, all that is required is your ability to rest comfortably for approximately one hour.
To ensure you are as comfortable as possible, Sarah invites you to wear warm, loose-fitting, layered clothing and your favourite socks. All props such as bolsters, blocks, etc. are provided by the studio.
Class size will be limited.
Starlit Yoga Studio | Feb 17
3:00PM - 4:30PM
Saturday - Saturday
7 days / 8 nights
Investment: $1,990 USD
Mindfulness Yoga Retreat in Costa Rica
- First & last night shared accommodation with breakfast in San José, Costa Rica’s capital city.
- Domestic flights to and from the Osa Peninsula with Nature Air.
- Round-trip transportation to your luxurious private ocean-view home in Cabo Matapalo overlooking the ocean and beach.
- Your own comfy bed in beautiful shared accommodations with a basic gratuity included for the staff.
- Three delicious meals per day including complimentary fresh juices, unlimited tea and coffee.
- Morning and sunset therapeutic yoga classes with Sarah overlooking the ocean.
- Daily dharma discussions, mindful walking and mindful eating practices with Sarah.
- Daily adventure treks with Martine, your Rainforest Escape Host. This is a fully hosted rainforest retreat so you'll also have your own private guides the whole way through!
Does not include:
- International flights (we can advise).
- All additional optional activities and tours.